Friday, December 25, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS (or) Maybe A Little Too Merry? - Meg Mims

My friend Tarrin Lupo does these interesting videos about all kinds of neat stuff. I laughed when I saw one of his latest, about bizarre Christmas ornaments. And since my WF day falls right smack dab on the actual DAY, I thought - who's gonna take time to read my post? Why not share a fun and fast video...


So here you go, and MERRY CHRISTMAS! or Happy Holidays. or get your JINGLE on... whatever best suits you. Since I kind of felt like a cheat this month, I'll share a cookie recipe I love. Toss these babies in the oven and save 'em for your New Year's Eve party. Mmm! Very easy to make.

TINY PECAN TARTS

Tart Crust -- CREAM 1 cup butter with 6 oz. cream cheese, then add 2 cups flour. Make 48 small balls and then (I use my fingers) press into tiny tart pans. Mine are like mini-cupcake tins.

Filling -- place 4 eggs unbeaten in bow, add 3 cups brown sugar, 4 Tbsp. melted butter, a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup chopped pecans. MIX WELL. Fill tart shells and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



Eat a bunch of cookies this holiday season. Take a Christmas nap by the glowing tree. Indulge in some holiday nog, or snog with a loved one... ENJOY! and happy writing in 2016!



Mystery author Meg Mims earned a Spur Award from WWA and also a Laramie award for her western historical mystery series, Double Crossing and Double or Nothing. Meg is also one-half of the writing team of D.E. Ireland for a mystery series featuring Eliza Doolittle & Henry Higgins for Minotaur books. Book 2 just came out, MOVE YOUR BLOOMING CORPSE. Book 1, WOULDN'T IT BE DEADLY, was nominated for a 2015 Agatha Award. Meg lives in Southeastern Michigan. Meg has currently has a Malti-Poo who causes plenty of holiday trouble. Maybe 2016 will feature Dusty on the cover... 


No comments:

Post a Comment