Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ranger Jim's Ramblings for April.

Well, I have to admit, I completely lost track of the days, so got "caught settin'", as A. Leslie Scott writing as Jackson Cole would say in his Jim Hatfield Texas Ranger stories. So, I'm just going to throw together some teasers for the next few months. That, and mention my two latest books, Lone Star Ranger 5: A Ranger to Stand With and The Ghost Riders: A Jim Blawcyzk Texas Ranger Novel, have just been released.

So, next month, as I've been promising Charlie Steel, I'll talk a bit about the connection between the development of the Colt revolver and the Texas Rangers.

After that, over the next months, we'll have more discussion about horses, of course. As far as the Texas Rangers, I'll talk about some of their more famous fights, as well as their bad side. Were some of the Rangers as bad as the revisionist historians have painted them? Stay tuned.

I'll also have a post about the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum in Waco, a fascinating place to visit, and where you can really soak up Ranger history. You can also take a walk along the Brazos River while there, including a walk across the Waco Suspension Bridge, which used to carry herds of cattle being driven north along the Chisholm Trail.

So, again, I apologize for the brief post this time around, but there's a lot to look forward to in the coming months.

Until May, see y'all down the trail.

"Ranger" Jim

2 comments:

  1. Busy man, but then your readers are the recipients. Keep the creative fires burning. Doris

    ReplyDelete