Friday, July 3, 2015

HELLO FROM SARA BARNARD

As many of you know, I have to be seen at MD Anderson in Houston every three months as the result of a cancer diagnosis that shook my world just under a year ago -- it shook my world alright, and saved my life. Sound strange? It does to me, too, which is why I had to write about it, just to make it make sense. That book is almost done :-)

Well, check out some of our adventures while there . . .
We braved the beaches at the end of a jetty in Galveston . . .  this picture was taken just before my daughter's foot was stung by a jellyfish (we still don't know what kind) and we had our first encounter with a fin in the water . . .


This baby Bonnethead shark flopped up on the beach right behind the kids and me, at my husband and son's feet. I immediately snatched him up for a photo op. He was so sweet and precious!! I wondered how anyone could ever be scared of them. Then again, he was just a baby. I put him back in the water, he swam back to my feet . . . several times. The surf was so rough. Finally, I think he made it back out to the sea. I watched and watched for that sweet little fin.


Before my appointment, we made our pilgrimage to the Rain Forest Cafe. Not for the food, but for the river ride in the back! We had just come out of the ocean and were soaking wet and shivering in this picture!

After my appointment, and a good report (of only some changes, but none cancerous . . . back in three months) we lit out for Dallas where these beautiful kids were waiting for us! We named them Banana and Carrot. 


Until the next two baby goatlets (yes, I call them baby goatlets . . . I just can't call them kids. It feels wrong), arrive in August, I have this gorgeous book cover, compliments of Livia Reasoner, and upcoming release to keep me occupied!



Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!

7 comments:

  1. May you prosper in good health, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank! <3 Things are finally starting to even out to a new normal and I hope to see lots more of you guys here in our cyber world <3

      Delete
  2. Glad you got a good report. Gives one a good feeling and encouragement. I like the cover of your book. Livia does such a great job.
    The best to you Sara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry! It sure it is a great team down there at the Sugar Land clinic. I couldn't agree more, I have always loved Livia's covers, but I think they are getting even more striking as time goes on! <3

      Delete
  3. Sara, I'm so glad you'll be blogging with us here at Western Fictioneers. We really do have a great group of people and we're so glad to add one more!

    I'm glad you got a good report, too. That has to be the scariest thing ever--especially when your kids are still young like yours are. Looks like y'all made a fun trip out of it and everyone enjoyed it!

    And of course, I can never say enough good about Livia's covers. They are just wonderful.

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryl, for everything! Yes, those trips are nerve wracking, so we try and make a mini-vacation out of it every time then do the appointment last. And we ALWAYS have beach time :-) Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm so glad to be here!!

      Delete
  4. Sara, may the journey continue to be one of great news and love. Breathing a sigh of relief for you.

    I also love the photos and the cover, one of the best. Wishing you well in all areas of your life. Doris McCraw/Angela Raines

    ReplyDelete