Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Western Movie Taglines Blog Series - July Movie Taglines #movietaglines #westernmovies

My 2024 blogging series, Western Movie Taglines, began in January when I explained what a tagline is and gave examples of good non-western movie taglines followed by several disappointing taglines from western movies.

In February, I shared 15 western movie taglines that were clever or witty, real groaners, or just plain silly. March through September, I will share 10 movie taglines each month. October through December will be the Top 40 Countdown of Best Western Movie Taglines.

I compiled a list of 250 westerns and their taglines. From that 250, I plucked out the best 125 to share between February and December. These 125 taglines range from good to outstanding as far as doing justice to their corresponding movies.

The Top 40 taglines are the ones that capture and sum up the heart of the movie in such a fabulous way that we're amazed at how a handful of words can be that powerful or theme-descriptive. Also in December, I will 1) share taglines I've written for two western movies and one early-settling of the American frontier movie that deserved better taglines and, 2) offer a downloadable document of the 250 movies and taglines that I compiled.

Onward to the July Western Movie Taglines—

The Broken Star (1956)
It hits like a bullet between the eyes!
The raw ripping story of the renegade Sheriff of Boce Grande…
Who murdered and plundered in the name of the law!

“Your land…Your women…Your lives…I’ll take anything I want – and if my badge doesn’t convince you, my gun will!”

Catlow (1971)
The Mexican cavalry wanted him murdered.
The Apache nation wanted him massacred.
Texas rangers wanted him mangled.
And his only hope was a Marshal, who wanted him hanged.

Centennial (1978)
It is their story.
It is your story.
It is the story of America.

Far and Away (1992)
He left behind everything he knew for the only thing he ever wanted.

What they needed was a country big enough for their dreams.

The Far Country (1955)
From Alaska’s first violent days of gold-rich glory comes the story of the stranger with a gun!

…with wilderness danger the challenge
…yellow dust the lure
…and the fanciest woman in Dawson his pleasure!

the Stranger with the Gun,
driven by restless longings,
challenging the Klondike’s snow and sin and greed,
where gold was the lure
and the fanciest woman in Dawson, his for the taking!

Grey Owl (1999)
He fought to change the world.

In Old Sacramento (1946)
Where life was short…and love was bold!

The Professionals (1966)
Rough, Tough, and Ready

Rough Night in Jericho (1967)
Their desires…their hatred...their violence exploded in one furious night!

Two Mules for Sister Sara (1969)
…the deadliest man alive…takes on a whole army with two guns and a fistful of dynamite!

Links to the previous western movie taglines by month:


See you in August with the next ten western movie taglines.

Kaye Spencer
www.kayespencer.com









2 comments:

  1. Cool, Kaye. Seeing Two Mules for Sister Sarah reminds me of how mad my aunt got when she went to see it. She thought it was a religious movie, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites of these are the one for Far and Away and Grey Owl. And the one for Two Mules for Sister Sarah is a good one too! I'm getting a kick out of all these taglines, Kaye. You did a ton of research, and I'm just loving seeing them all in one place!

    ReplyDelete