Wednesday, May 29, 2013

West of the Big River: The Avenging Angel by Michael Newton


Orrin Porter Rockwell is more than just a deputy United States marshal and a deadly gunfighter. He's a member of the Mormon Danites, the group of enforcers known as the Avenging Angels, and he's the personal troubleshooter for Governor Brigham Young. And when Young sends Rockwell to the rough-and-tumble mining town of Tartarus, there'll be plenty of trouble for him to shoot. A group of Mormon miners has vanished, and before Rockwell uncovers the secret of their disappearance he'll face deadly danger from all sides. What his adversaries don't know is just how dangerous the Avenging Angel is . . .

Award-winning author Michael Newton spins an action-packed, historically accurate yarn in THE AVENGING ANGEL, another exciting adventure west of the big river.

nook $2.99   Kindle $2.99   Large Print Trade Paperback $9.99  
                                

5 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna miss this one, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Newton (Lyle Brandt) is one of my favorite authors.
    Looking forward to the read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I can't wait to get my hands on this one. I have never heard of this man before, and from what I am reading in this post, my curiosity is piqued. This looks like one I won't be able to put down once I start on it.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a winner!

    Jim Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should be an interesting read. Having grown up near Nauvoo, it will be like having some of the history come alive. Doris

    ReplyDelete